When in the course of human events it becomes necessary for one middle-aged straight white guy to inject his opinions into the political discourse, a decent respect for the opinions of humanity requires that they explain why the fuck anyone needs another opinion from the most overrepresented demographic group in the history of history itself.
I’ve got nothing.
But I hold these truths to be self-evident:
- That healthcare is a human right
- That women’s rights to bodily autonomy are inviolable
- That despite their flaws, democracies are preferable to autocracies
- That every child has a right to a world-class education
- That ignorance and hate may harm the living
- That no one should ever live in poverty
- That everyone has a right to equal access to the public square
- That everyone has a right to be who they are
- That the wall of separation between church and state should be absolute
Most people in my demographic live lives of ignorance and hate that are destroying my country. I cannot sit by and watch it happen. The only relevant skill I have is the ability to put one word after another, so I’m doing that hoping I can change some hearts and minds.